GBSC-Dana Instructors Trainee Program 5
Welcome to the registration page of the 5th Gracie Barra San Clemente & Gracie Barra Dana Point Instructors Training Program. During this 10 weeks course, Profs. Flavio Almeida and Felipe Guedes will take you on an amazing learning journey about Jiu-Jitsu, leadership, the art of teaching, Gracie Barra, and the philosophy of Master Carlos Gracie Jr.
As you read the description on this page, you will probably wonder if this program is for you. Well, let us help you find out.
- Are You are interested on the history and philosophy of BJJ?
- Are you are an advanced student and aspires to give back to BJJ as a teacher?
- Are you an intermediate level student who is in love with Jiu-Jitsu and can’t get enough of it?
- Do you dream about BJJ techniques at night?
- Would you train more than once a day if you had the time?
- Have you become a Jiu-Jitsu Ambassador and speaks about it with everyone you know?
If your answer is yes to two or more of the questions above, you will love this program.
It is our goal to provide an exciting learning experience for all of our instructors and senior students helping them further understand the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the philosophy of Master Carlos Gracie Jr. and the Gracie Barra Method.
The GB Dana Point Instructors Training Program will last for 10 consecutive weeks and will teach instructors all elements related to Gracie Barra’s instruction, curriculum and programs. All classes and activities will be based on the content provided by the Gracie Barra Instructors Certification Program 4 Revisited which is an online course provided by Gracie Barra Association to GB instructors all over the world. All students white belt three stripes and up form the adults and Juniors programs can participate.
The program will involve two required activities and two elective activities. All participants must complete all required activities and chose one of the two elective activities.
- Bi-Weekly instructors training classes (45mins)
- Every-other Friday from 6.00p to 7.00p
- On the job training which consists of assisting on 20 classes during the course of the program. (2 Classes per week);
- Teaching 10 classes under supervision as son as the program coordinators approve it.
These sessions will have practical drills to further participants understanding of the Gracie Barra Method and discussions about the philosophy of Master Carlos Gracie Jr. Classes will be at GB Dana Point Fridays from 6.00p to 7.00p.
Every week, participants will be assigned to study one specific course of the ICP.4_Revisited and/or revise the Fundamentals Techniques for the following week.
Communication will be done via private facebook group.
On the Job Training (OJT)
Participants are recommended to do the job training session that will involve activities like assisting with the class, leading the warm up, teaching an intro class, cleaning, scanning attendance cards, completing class reports.
Teaching Classes under Supervision
As soon as the program coordinators consider a participant ready, he can teach 10 fundamental classes to fulfill the elective requirements of the program.
Requirements for Graduation
All participants will be required to 1) attend all weekly instructors training classes or make up for those classes missed, 2) Complete the GB ICP4_Revisited, 3) Complete one of the two elective activities.
Instructors who have completed prior instructors program hosted by GB San Clemente or GB Dana Point do not have to fulfill the on the job training (OJT) requirements.
Graduation and Diploma
Participants that successfully conclude program and fulfill all requirements from the ICP.4_Revisited will receive a Gracie Barra Instructors Certificate. GB San Clemente will host a Graduation Ceremony during the Summer Belt Promotion Scheduled for June 11th, 2014
Program Timeline and Content
The GBSC-Dana Instructors Training Program will start on Friday, July 11th and continue though out the following 10 weeks. Weekly meetings will be held at GB Dana Point Every-other Friday 6p to 7p.
- Week 1:The Jiu-Jitsu For Everyone Movement & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 2: The Gracie Barra Organization & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 3: Leadership Applied to Jiu-Jitsu Instruction & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week4: The Gracie Barra Method & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 5: The Future Champions Program & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 6: The Fundamentals Program & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 7: The Advanced and Black Belt Program & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 8: The importance of Social Media for BJJ Instructors Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 9: Students safety and risk management & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Week 10: Teaching Jiu-Jitsu for Life & Fundamentals Curriculum Techniques.
- Graduation: July 26th, 2014.
The Tuition for the Gracie Barra Dana Point Instructors Training Program is only 197.00.
- Coaches who have graduated from prior instructors program hosted by GB San Clemente or GB Dana Point only pay U$99.00. This will cover the registration for GB Association’s ICP.4_Revisited online Certification.
- GB Students enrolled on the black belt program have a 30% discount.