10 Fun End Of The Summer Activities To Do With Your BJJ Family
Can you believe it is August already?! August is here and that means its the last month of summer. Time sure does fly by. Just because it is the last month of the summer, doesn’t mean that you can’t use this last month to sneak in some fun activities. Since Dana Point is such a beautiful area and is surrounded by the some of the most popular places in California we decided to come up with a list of 10 fun end of the summer activities you can do with your family.
- GB BEACH DAY- Our FREE Beach day will be at Strands (The Point towards the eco hike) on August 31 at 10 am! This is going to be a fun relaxing day where we can all hang out as a family. Pack a lunch and enjoy the fun!
- GB BELT CEREMONY-Come and support our adult students at the belt ceremony on August 24 at 10:30 am at GB Dana Point. This is such a special day for all who have trained hard to get to the next level. Professor Flavio will be teaching a special 60 minute class.
- Bonfire- You can have dessert time at the beach and have a bonfire. There are pits at Salt Creek & Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. If you want to travel down to Capo Beach there are tons of fire pits there!
- Take the Trolly Into Laguna- The most beautiful beaches are in Laguna Beach. During the summer the city of Laguna offers a free trolly to take you into town. It is such a fun time! You can go to the beach, shop around and maybe get some gelato at Gelato Peridiso.
- Camping- Camping is a great experience for a family. Lucky for you, there are plenty of camp grounds around town. Doheny State Beach has camp grounds as well as San Mateo in San Clemente. Grab a tent and pack your bags for a great experience.
- Hike– In Laguna, there are great hikes to take your kids on! One of my favorite hikes is a hike up on West Street. Although it has a lot of uphill, it is pretty short and has an amazing view for photos! For more information and directions to this trail click http://www.yelp.com/biz/valido-trail-laguna-beach
- Throw a BBQ- It’s summer time and everyone is out of school for one more month. Why not get all your friends together and throw a bbq! Put the grill on and have a fun time with your friends while the little ones play.
- The Marine Institute– The Marine Institute can be a fun day where the kids can learn about marine animals and spend some time in the tidepools.
- Stand Up Paddling or Surfing-Take your family for an adventure and rent a surfboard or a stand up paddle and grab a lesson for the whole family. You can rent these from Hobie Surf Shop in Dana Point.
- Water Park- Water Parks are always fun! Pick a hot day and go to Knott’s Soak City or Lego Land for some water fun! If you haven’t heard yet, Wild Rivers in Irvine is re-opening Summer of 2014!
Enjoy! Do you have more fun ideas?