A Balanced Lifestyle comes with great planning and that means adding Jiu-Jitsu to your weekly schedule
We have been discussing the challenge of Living a balanced lifestyle and how much Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training at Gracie Barra Dana Point can help you accomplish that. What we first need to understand and take it to heart is for BJJ to make a difference in our lives we have to show up for classes. easy right? Well, not really. Time is by far our most limitted resource so managing it is critical. Beyond managing your weekly schedule, digging more time to train is really a matter of balance priorities and making all people aware Jiu-Jitsu is important, including you.
7 tips from Gracie Barra Dana Point Jiu-Jitsu
- Plan your week of training before the week starts. Spend about 30mins working on your schedule and put down the times you plan to be at Gracie Barra;
- Get your family involved with BJJ so they can all understand how important your training is and why you benefit so much from it;
- Tell your training partners when exactly you will be back in class. Make commitments with those that rely on you will work as an extra motivation;
- Commit to the same class so you can meet the teram and spend time with friends. The stronger the bond you have with your training partners the more you will look forward to the next Jiu-Jitsu session;
- Leave home for work with your GB Uniform in your car (clean, of course).
- Talk to all people you know about the martial arts way of living. Explain Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is not just a cool hobby. It is actually a program for students to develop new habits of a healthier living. Going to BJJ is not something you do to feel younger. Fighting means challenging your limits daily and committing to become a better person everyday
- Just show up :)
Here is a great article on how to balance personal and work life written by Dr. Covey, the author of the & Habits of Highly Effective People
See you on the mats!
GB Dana Point Jiu-Jitsu Team