Gracie Barra Dana Point Jiu-Jitsu Kids New Belt System
This Thursday, Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu Parents will meet to learn all there is to learn about our new belt system for Kids. Here is a few things everyone must know preparing to the transition:
- The current belt system was designed by Great Grand Master Carlos Gracie Sr. back in the mid 1900s. In those days, there was very few kids training martial arts who were less than 7 years old;
- The current belt system presents limitations because it has just a few belts. Because of age requirements, children are getting stuck on the same belt for year. Example, a students of 7 years old who gets a yellow belt would only be promoted to orange belt 3 years later.
- The decision to move to the new belt system is made by the parents and students under the advise of a coach or professor. In case the student does not want to switch to the new belt system, he or she does not let it.
- The new belt system is a great solution! Why? 1) It has a total of 13 belts; 2) Committed students get one stripe per month; 3) committed students get one belt per year.
- We will start testing for belt promotions in a few months.
- Belt System is a essential teaching method because it offers a way to measure individual progress and establishes achievable goals keeping the student motivated.
Our meeting will be this Thursday from 4.30pm to 7.00pm.
See you all there.
GB Dana Point Jiu-Jitsu Team